Saturday, July 23, 2011

SUCCESS....?

How can a day fall apart SO quickly?

Our week went so well.  Sean was TDY this week, so it has just been me and the boys for the first time since the twins were born.  I was a bit leery of how the week would go, but had high hopes that all would go well and it did, until today.

This morning the house was clean, now it is DESTROYED.

This morning daddy was coming home early afternoon, now it will be after bedtime.

This morning the mood was cheery, now I am hanging on by a thread... oh, wait, no I think it snapped.

It got so crazy I finally just loaded the boys in the van and drove around, gotta love car seats!  The only time it is legal to STRAP THEM DOWN!!  I tried to ease the pain of the bad day with a latte from Starbuck's, but I had to order a soy latte (I am going dairy-free since Remington is having problems spitting-up) not so yummy or soothing.

Anyway, maybe if I just talk about how great the week was the bad day will disappear?  I will give it a try...

Auntie Lauren was here for the first couple of days, which was WONDERFUL!  The boys stayed at the hotel with her for 2 of the nights that Sean was gone.  It was such a blessing to have some free time!  I did important things while the boys were out, such as surf the web and stare off into space-

BECAUSE I COULD!

One thing I learned is the babies MISSED their big brothers crazy antics!  They were so bored.  They fussed and fussed without all the wild, non-stop commotion.  Here I am always trying to get the big boys to settle down and stop bothering the babies!  Who would have thought they ENJOY being bothered?!

PAUSE...

Sean just sent a text... "I am flying over soon take the boys out"  How fun!  We just watched his plane go over the house!  Don't worry he was a passenger on a commercial airline, he wasn't illegally flying and texting!

Anyway, back to the week.  We were all sad when Auntie left; she is just so fun!  So, we went to the park, visited friends and for the very first time since the twins came along...

I went to the store with ALL FOUR boys by MYSELF!

Thankfully, we had a great time.  We must have all just been happy to get out of the house.  The babies didn't fuss, the big boys behaved and I shopped! Cael and I would swap pushing the stroller and cart with Kippy directing from the cart.  Will I ever be so lucky for things to go so well again?  I don't know, but at least our first time out was not a disaster!  The test run was a success.   It is good to know we can survive a week without dad.  Who knows when the next deployment will come along!

Well, I hear the sprinklers going outside so I know the boys are into more mischief!  I think it is time for a movie!  Thanks for listening... I am feeling better already!  (How does sharing- even if it is with nobody on a blog- help?  hmmm....  I am not sure, but it does!)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Autumn, thanks for stopping by! It's great to know I'm not alone in my housecleaning philosophies. :D

You have a beautiful family! A handful of blessings!

I noticed you mentioned eating gluten-free and dairy-free, which had me wondering...have you looked into paleo eating? My family has been eating paleo for the last month and really loving it. It sounds like you're most of the way there already!

Autumn said...

Thank you! I have not heard of paleo eating; I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!