Sunday, July 17, 2011

silence is GOLDEN!

Auntie Lauren by Muddy Clarity
Auntie Lauren, a photo by Muddy Clarity on Flickr.
Last night was absolutely wonderful! Sean's, Auntie Lauren is visiting us and staying in a nearby hotel and our big boys got to spend the night with her.
That was the first time (that I remember) we have ever had anyone take our boys for a night (you know how it is in the military... family is always on the OTHER side of the country!).  We have left for a couple of days twice, but have never been able to enjoy the SILENCE in our own home! I was loving the silence.  Now, I know I am contradicting myself from an earlier post where I said "A clean silent house without children would be just plain sad,"  BUT since it was just for the moment, it truly was wonderful!  Yes, we kept the twins with us, but it still felt like we had no children in our home!  Life with only the twins seemed a breeze.  They just can't compare with the big boys' non-stop energy; they can't go anywhere yet!  Give them a month and they will be into everything too, but as of right now they are relatively harmless.
I cannot say enough times what a wonderful evening we had.  Life seemed so still and peaceful!  Seriously, I have not been happier to just be.  There is always so much to be done, but last night everything stopped and we were able to savor every minute.  What a rare, precious opportunity to just sit and visit with my husband and enjoy his company with no (big) interruptions (only little ones). Thank you so much Auntie for giving us a break.
I love and enjoy my children more than I can say; they have made me recognize the beauty of silence!
I am beyond happy!  Thank you Auntie.

No comments: